The GS-LDA-1 Sensor Interface Module monitors up to 500 meters of GuardSen sensing cable(GS-LDC-1). When liquid is detected, the GS-LDA-1 unit indicates the leak with an LED, and switches a relay to provide local voltage-free contact closure.
The GS-LDA-1 can be used as standalone leak detection alarm unit or can also communicate to a host monitoring system such as PLC or Monitoring System by using standard RS-485 communications.
The low cost of the GS-LDA-1 makes it economical to build very robust systems with many small independent sensing cable segments. No ﬁeld calibration is required.
- LEDs to indicate power, leak, and communication status
- Voltage-free contacts for alarm signaling
- Standard twisted pair serial RS-485 communications up to 1200 meters (4000 feet) with Modbus protocol
- 12Vdc power supply
- Each GS-LDA-1 unit has a unique address assigned with software – no switches
- Built-in buzzer (85dB)
- DIN rail mounted for easy installation
- Sensor sensitivity adjustable
|Cable compatibility||GuardSen Sensing Cable (GS-LDC-1)|
|Maximum length of sensing cable|
|Precision||0.5% of sensor length ± 0.5 m|
|Storage temperature||–18°C to 60°C (0°F to 140°F)|
|Operating temperature||-20°C to 50°C|
|Humidity||5% to 90% non-condensing|
|Voltage Operating||12Vdc +/- 10%, 2 W|
|Network configuration||RS-485 two wire network, 9600 baud, addressable from 1 to 127|
|Communication Protocol||Modbus® 485|
|Type||Form C (SPDT); Normally close (NC) or Normally open|
|Rating||(NO) DC12V, 2A|
GS-LDA-1 Physical Layout